*rawr*

A walking study in demonology

Friday, January 13, 2006

Rat stuff, yo.

Gaz's tail condition was steadly improving lately, then the other day we took a look at her, and it looked like the scab had been ripped open. We kept an eye on it, and it looks like their's another, smaller, wound near the tip of her tail, and the tip's starting to turn black. I'm was very worried about her...
The boys (Ed and Gir) had gotten fleas's/whatever again! It was looking like the treatment that we were using wasen't working. So, I was going to call the vet about them.

But, the morning that I was going to call, I checked on both boys, and I coulden't find a single flea on either one of them. I'm going to keep an eye and if any little critters pop up again, I'm going to call the vet first thing.
So, I ended up taking Gaz to the vet instead of one of the boys.
Gaz hated the visit today. First she had to ride in a scary car in the little travel cage, and then we made her stay still while some weird man looked at her tail. At one point she freaked out and ran up my arm. When the assitant went to get her off, she hooked her front leg through my tragus piercing. That was no fun!
The vet told us to give her antibiotics twice a day, and to keep her by herself for a while so that her cagemates coulden't mess with her tail wound. My poor little girl!

...and my ear still hurts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home