*rawr*

A walking study in demonology

Monday, May 09, 2005

...and it was all going so well

Today started out SO well! Drew and I slept in, then we took our sweet time getting dressed and out the door. There were only two things that needed to get done today. We needed to go see Josh and his mom, and I needed my laundry done. Since my mother is right in the neighborhood, we decided to go to her place to get that taken care of.
Some of you who know my mother may have heard her talking about her neighbor, Tim. Tim is your typical south city hoosier. He drinks entirly to much and has absolutly no respect for women.
Well, Mom and Tim have not had a very nighborly relatioship lately. He believes that the side of the basement that he and my mother are suppossed to share belongs to him. So, he feels no problem in unplugging her washer, using her electrical outlets, and just generaly putting his crap where ever he feels it should go.
But, on to the events of the day. Drew and I got to my mom's and put my load of laundry in the washer. I was not surprised (but, annoyed) to find it unplugged, yet again. I also noticed that there was a matress sitting in the middle of the room, that had not been there last time I was in the basment. So, we plugged the washer back in and were on our way to Josh's.
We had a really good time with Josh and his mom. We all socialized (Drew and Josh mainly played on their laptops) and his mom and I talked jewlery.
But, eventually it was time to go switch the laundry. This time, not only was the washer unplugged again, but there was a strange woman sleeping on the mattress. I got pissed. We got my clothes into the dryer and I stormed out, slamming the door on my way out.
Tim comes out and asks, "Is there a problem?" I tell him, "I have nothing to say to you." It should have been left at that, but of course Tim is an asshole so he coulden't let a woman get the last word in. So, he says, "I wanted to talk to the man anyway."
Wrong answer. I let into him. I told him that is was not his washer to unplug, that he did not own the building, Mr. Link does, and Mr. Link will definantly know about this. He started yelling ramdom shit, and I called him a prick, and we drove off.
I was livid by the time we got back to Josh's. I called Mom to warn her that Tim would be on the warpath. I really didn't mean to go off like that, and I think I just made the situation worse. Tim just pushed the right buttons, I guess.
When Drew went back to get my clothes Tim ambushed him at the door. His question to Drew was, "Why do let her talk to people like that?" Drew's response, "She's her own person, I can't tell her what to do."
Tim also got to Mom when she got home (as I expected that he would) telling her that that I shouldn't talk to people like that and that I run Drew and that I shouldn't be running him like that. Mom told him, "That's my daughter and son-in-law and I don't have to listen to this" and she slammed the door in his face. Go Mom!
So, now my mother is packing up and looking for a new apartment, and I am going to start doing my laundry over at my in law's house.
Why do I have to keep telling off assholes?
-Von

1 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger T said...

Dang! I feel for you guys, having to put up with that creep, especially your mom. Good luck finding a different place to live. If I weren't so far away from you guys and your lives, I'd have you room here for a while.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home