*rawr*

A walking study in demonology

Saturday, May 07, 2005

I hate stupid people...

Especially on the bus. Today I decided to take the bus home from instead of walking (which I could have definantly used, but I was tired and sore after my 7 hour shift). When I got on there were two black gentlemen having a conversation in the back. I paid them no mind, as it wasn't my conversation to insert myself into. I started to notice, however, that an older white man (who I shall REFUSE to call a gentleman) was getting more and more adjitated as the ride went on. I started to listen closer, and the two men in the back were discussing their heritage. One of them was saying "I've been called a negro, nigger, African American... but I'm Black".
This must has displeased the white man in the front, becuase he started yelling "Hey, I'm white!". The driver tried to calm him saying "Let it go man, just let it go..." But, I doupt that the man up front walk take any advise from someone that was not white, and since this man's skin was considerably darker than his...
Let it go, he would not... He started going on about how if they could talk about being black, he could talk about being white. The he incoherently started saying something about "Stupid Niggers" (even though I'm typing it as a quote, it makes me cringe).
Thank the gods that by this time it was time for me to get off the bus. As I was headed off the driver said to me "You must be really glad to be getting off this bus". My response? I turned to the white man on the front of the bus and said "You're not white, you're ignorant".
I'm sure he wasen't to happy about that, but all I could hear as I was getting off the bus was the driver laughing.
...and the two black gentalmen in the back? They didn't say a word to the man up front. Thus, further proving my point.
-Von

3 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger T said...

Haha! Way to go Von!

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Athene said...

AB-so-lutely! I agree wholeheartedly. I don't know if I would have had the courage to respond to that guy.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Go Von! Diss the ignorant bus-riders of the world! Dumb fucks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home