*rawr*

A walking study in demonology

Friday, May 06, 2005

This is the life....

Sitting in bed, surrounded by fluffy pillows and Green Day playing on my boom-box... *sighs*
Plus, we have a lead on a new apartment and new potental roommate situations... and cold Diet Coke in the fridge? Oh, hell yes, this rocks!
I'm starting to wonder what I'm going to do tonight. Maybe I'll stay in and watch some dvd's, or I could call people and try to get out the house. Ehe, Even if I wanted to go out I'd have to find someone with a car who has a free night, and I doupt that'll happen, unless I wanted to take the bus somewhere... *shudders*
The Dresden Dolls concert was last night. They put on a really good show, and the audience was nothing short of entertaining. However, the opening act left something to be desired. Andrew described them like this "They're about as good as irate badgers in my shorts." They were some kind of fuax German-esqe industrial duo that called themselfs the "Thoecats". Amazinly enough, a good number of the audience members actually responded to them. Perhaps the were just angsty-goth enough.

*~And now, in response to Mouseka's post about Webcomics awareness day~*

I only have a handful of webcomics that I read on a semi-regular basis, but here is goes:

Penny Arcade: I've been reading this one since 2000. Maninly alot of videogame related humor, but even if you don't play alot of video games you can appreciate alot of the off-beat and often times crude humor. Plus, you'd be surprised at just how much you can pick up on from just dating (or, in my case, being married to) a video game nerd.

PVP: Another video game based comic. This one take place at a video game magazine called,of all things, PVP. I just started reading this one this past year and have quickly grown attatched.

8-Bit Theatre: This one takes place in the world of the first 8-bit Final Fantasy. It cronicles the misadventure of the four suppossed "light warriors". Once again, you don't have to be into video games to appreciate this one.

Red vs. Blue: Probably the best known of the webcomics that I've listed today. Takes place in the Halo world. Animated using the actual "Halo" gamescreens. You can now pick up Season 1 of RedVsBlue in stores now.

-Von

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home