*rawr*

A walking study in demonology

Friday, July 08, 2005

"The power has obviously gone to your head"

Sometimes, if you're lucky, you will go to a concert and the opening act will impress you. I was so fortunite last night. Well, at least halfway fortunate.
Andrew and I went to see Billy Corgan last night. My Billy! While all the other girls in High School were drooling over N'Sync and other guys of that sort, I was busy writing Billy Corgan's name all over by notebooks. I was a strange one, I know.
There were two opening acts last night. Doris Henson, the first act, was the fortunate one, the good one. After thier set I was left sitting at our table wishing that I had the $15 to go buy thier cd. That will have to wait though, there's always online ordering.
The Crimea was the second act. It's not that they weren't talented, they just didn't know which direction to take that talent. They would switch back and fourth between pretentious and depressing, to so goofy and lighthearted that they got annoying. By the end of the set I was wishing that I was watching the Theocrats again (don't get the reference? go here).
Then, it was time for my Billy! I haven't seen an audenice that hyped in a long time! Every time something would happen on stage, a guitar getting set up, a curtan getting moved, the audience would cheer and shout. They must have had it planned... we were sitting in suspence for so long that when the house lights dimmed and the stage light up my heart jumped a little.
Finally, my Billy came onto the stage. He looked awsome in a gray shirt, black slacks, and ass-kicker boots. With his bald head shining in all of it's glory he proceded to rock my friggin socks off! With an equaly rockin light show to match, I might add. The feeling in the room was increadable and I thought I was going to burst from happiness.
After going through the entire tracklist from "The Future Embrace" (his first solo effort, and the album that the tour was promoting) and two encours, Billy came out to talk to the audience.
"This is the life that I've chosen", he said, "and there are times that I question it. But, after shows like this you guys have reafirmed the faith in my career." In response to this the crowd roared. Then he promised that "The next time I come to town and I'm playing the Enormo-Dome, I'm going to be crushing you all into the ground with the metal!" This got the crowd going even louder than before. Even though, none of us were really sure what it ment.
But, I like to think that it means that he's going back to his heavier roots, by getting the old band back together. If that's the case, expect me to be camping out for Smashing Pumpkins tickets.

-Von

1 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Blogger T said...

I seem to remember hearing something about a possibility of them reuniting for a tour or something in the future. Don't ask me where I heard it or where, but I seem to remember hearing it somewhere.
Glad you had a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home