*rawr*

A walking study in demonology

Saturday, August 06, 2005

*bored*

I don't know whats wrong with me, but everything has me convinced that everyone hates me. I think Andrew's family is just plain tired of me... not that I can blame them. All I do is sit on my ass and watch t.v.
Well, I did manage to get out of the house yesturday. Beth (Andrew's sister) and I went down to the loop and hung out for a while. It was fun. We went to Starbucks, walked around, ate mexican food, and bought T.S. Eliot books! Well, she bought them actually, one for me, and one for her. I got "Old Possum's Book Of Practical Cats" and I don't remember the one that she got. Trivia time! My Eliot book is the one that inspired the Andrew Loyd Webber musical, Cats. Actually the book more than inpired the musical, all the lyrics (exept for Memory) were taken word for word from the T.S. Eliot poems.
Bonus time! The ilistrations in the book were done by none other than Edward Gorey! Love him!
Acording to Beth I'm an intilecual. I am more inclined to say "No" to that. But, than again, she and Andrew both think that I don't give myself enough credit. Maybe they're right. Or, perhaps they're just trying to be nice.
Family meeting tomarrow... gah! I don't wanna know what the issue is! Then again, I'm paraniod that it's me... going right back to the "everyone hates Von" issue. I know I'm over-reacting, but the last time we had a family meeting was right before Andrew and I moved in... it did not go well and more than one person ended up crying by the end of it.
I should take this time to state that I know I'm being overly sensitive and paraniod, but I've been felling very "low man on the totem pole"ish lately. I can't explain why either.
I'm working next week. The company that my mother in law works for needs someone to assemble catalogs for a week. So, since I still haven't heard back from Wash. U. I'm going to take the oprotunity for some extra cash.

-Von

4 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Jess said...

You are high on my totem pole!! (wow that sounds wrong)

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger T said...

Gorey did the illustrations for "Old Possum"? Man it's been a while since I read it. ^_^

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Athene said...

Um, Von? I hate to be nitpicky and all but you may want to do a spell-check on your posts before posting them. I was having a hard time following it with all of the misspelled words.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Von said...

Athene, I know you're probably trying to be helpful, but please don't correct me on my Blog. I'm not a good speller, sorry for that, but it's a sensitive subject.
Not to mention that no one else seems to have a problem with my spelling.
Thanks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home