*rawr*

A walking study in demonology

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Our giant compactor at work caught fire last night. We had to evacuate the building and get all the customers out. On the way out of the store I was telling every customer that I saw "We have a small fire in the back of the store. We're evacuating. I'm going to have to ask you to leave." I ran into one idiot in Garden that wanted to know if he could check out before he left.

Um, how about no. The compactor's on fire, moron!

In my rush to get myself and the customer's out, I didn't have a chance to grab my jacket... and anyone in St. Louis right now knows that it's freaking COLD outside. Thankfully, some of my co-workers had the bright idea to get into their car's and turn the heat on. I ended up sitting in Mike T's truck for about an hour before the firemen let us back in the building.

At least it made my dinky four hour shift go by even faster.

In other news, Andrew built a computer! Yay! So, now we have two compy's in the house. He also told me that since the new comp's built, that the laptop is pretty much mine now. Woo! Now I just need to get the laptop looked at and see what's wrong with it. It's booting really slowly and is kinda glitchy. Thankfully Jess's Mike offered to take a look at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home